- About Us
- PHMI Gallery
- Contact Us
Children of the Light
The children’s ministry exists to help those in our care know God and grow to become like His Son, Jesus Christ.
To accomplish our purpose we seek…
1. To fill children’s minds with the Word of God so they will grow to think the way God thinks and live the way God has commanded.
2. To establish in children habits of godly living ad a daily lifestyle.
3. To create a Christian Community of children and adults who enjoy life together as a family and who are committed to Jesus Christ and to each other.
4. To help children build proper relationships to the authorities in their lives.
5. To help children trust Christ as Savior, to submit to Him and to live as Christian’s at home, at school, at play or wherever they are.
6. To build Christian homes by encouraging families and training them in their tasks.
7. To make each child’s experience at church safe, fun and profitable in the process of growing to become everything God has planned.
Our Goal at Powerhouse Ministries is:
To help equip the children with the knowledge and tools to stand firm in a dying world.
Hebrews 13:21, 2 Peter 3:18
To instruct, encourage and help guide them into freely worshiping and praising our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Chronicles 16:9
To help teach the children how to apply the Word to their daily lives. Proverbs 2:1-5
To teach that prayer and communion with the Father is the first thing to turn to in all situations. Matthew 6:33
To help turn their hearts toward the ONLY person that can supply all their needs. Philippians 4:19
During his youth years, Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. Luke 2:52
1. Jesus grew in wisdom… …relates to intellectual growth
2. and stature…. ..relates to physical growth
3. and in favor with God……relates to spiritual growth
4. and men……relates to social growth
These words stress a four part growth process that we diligently try to develop in each person in Powerhouse Ministries.
Helping children, conception to sixth grade, glorify God and grow to their full potential in Christ by partnering with parents in knowing, involving, developing, and serving.
K Knowing God and His Word
I Involving in Friendship and Fellowship
D Developing Ministry Gifts
S Serving in the church and community
We call our children’s ministries Children of the Light and our slogan is Helping KIDS along The Way.
Each of our programs and activities are designed to help us accomplish our mission; for example: Junior Bible Quiz is a program that enhances Bible memory and Biblical knowledge.
Our mission is to help each child discover their God-given potential through Christ-like attitudes, servanthood and discipling.
We have also determined our values to support this purpose:
* We value equipping children with Biblical truths in a fun and creative way
* We value the giftings and the hearts of those who are committed to serve our children
* We value a safe place for all of our children: emotionally, physically and spiritually.
* We value our pastors and desire to provide opportunities for our children to know and honor them
* We value mentoring through relationship